CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Flood...again!



So here we are again with another summer including another flood. Matt and I cannot believe that this could happen a second time. What happened is the canal ditch up on the hill gets infested with gophers and they put holes all over in it and then it breaks and we get overflowed with water. The irrigation district in charge of the canal didn't "think" this would happen again so they didn't line the canal the last time this happened. Last summer at about this same time we were flooded as well. Here are some pictures of the horror we experienced this weekend.
We are hoping and praying that there isn't any really bad damage since the water can enter our crawl space whenever it floods. Last time there was a lot more water than this but a house can only take some much water!

6 comments:

Annette Rose said...

So the flooding thing sucks! I hope it will all turn out ok. Happy Birthday. I didn't even know. It sounds like you had a good day. Let's get together sometime soon! (I love the ice cream picures. Those are awesome!)

Anonymous said...

Amy I am so sorry about your house and that I didn't even know.
Those pictures are pretty bad. Especially the last one. Where is that at?
Megan

Yin said...

WOW!!! That's pretty crazy!
I'm sorry.

Brandon and Alesha said...

We felt so bad about your house. Hopefully it wasn't as bad this time. I absolutely love the picture of Noah in mid-air about to jump into the water.

M-McClellan said...

Wow! I am sorry to hear about your house. I hope seeing Greg and the rest of the family this week is as fun as it can be. I enjoyed looking at the boys pictures. It has been a year since I saw them. The twins were babies in the porta-crib. I also enjoyed connecting to your friends websites and reading about Breaking Dawn. I loved the series also! Talk to you later.

Lori said...

YIKES! That is no good. We saw it in the paper and wondered if you guys got it bad. So sorry!